Looking at the way people are responding to our social distancing regulations, we see a lot of grumbling about TP, politicians, people who go out, etc., etc., etc.
- What will the world learn about God if we DON’T grumble?
- According to this passage. what seems to be the motivation for grumbling and disputing?
- What should you cling to in order to avoid grumbling?
- How does your attitude reflect on those who lead you?
Paul starts his statement with “But even if”.
- Think about the book of Daniel, who does the statement “But even if” remind you of?
- Should we be hiding our difficulties from fellow believers? Why or why not?
- How can we share our difficulties without grumbling about them?
Timothy is held out as an example by Paul. But Paul had refused to take Timothy with him on one of his missionary journeys.
- What makes Timothy special to Paul?
- How had Timothy changed to allow him to be special to Paul?
- How had Paul changed to be accepting of Timothy?
- How does Timothy differ from some other people that Paul sees?
Epaphroditus is being sent by Paul for a different reason than Timothy. Timothy is being sent as a laborer, Epaphroditus is returning to the church.
- Does this passage give us any insight into how we should treat those who have health issues while serving God?
- What did Epaphroditus do that should make him well regarded? Do we need to be suffering and ill to be well regarded?